Pages

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Saving Whales-Winter Learning Journey

Today my job was to explain what the people were trying to do to save these whales at Farewell Spit here in New Zealand.So what happen was here in New Zealand at Farewell Spit in the news it had recently said a number of whales accidentally swam into the spit and became stuck on the beach.Lots of people came to try and save the whales to go back to the sea.Here I am going to tell you what they did to save the whales.
Please take a look at this website that will have facts about this information and videos that people posted up.CLICK HERE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia ora Aletheia,

It really was very tragic, wasn't it? I feel terrible for the whales and for the locals who tried to save them. I can only hope that the same thing does not happen again next year.

Hopefully the whales will stay out in the deeper water and they won't follow their leader inland. Have you had the chance to watch whales swimming by? I have only seen them once but I loved it! Aronui (my son) and I were in Tonga and a pod of whales swam past us one day when we were playing on the beach. It was magic! I hope to get back to Tonga one day to see it again.

In the meantime, I will continue blogging. I am having such a great time reading your posts!

Cheers,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
I do feel you when you said it was tragic.I had also felt terrible for those whales since they had to be left alone and I also hoped you loved to go back to my culture Tonga again!

Post a Comment