Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Bonus Activity!

Summer Learning Journey!
Bonus Activity - ​ ​A​ ​Bilingual​ ​Schooling​ ​System
Image result for letterGreetings and welcome back to my blog.
From the past century schools in New Zealand taught students in only one language which was English.In the year 1972 Nga Tamatoa member of Mrs Hana Jackson submitted a petition to the parliament to ask the government to be including teaching the language Te Reo Moari(The Maori Language.So in this activity I had to think about our school and think about 
What is one thing that you would like change.?
I think that we need to change the way we speak like in our school we teach Te Reo but I think it is importan to learn other languages such as our cultures.
Would you like to learn about different things?
I would like to learn to speak different languages like Samoan,Fiji,Cook Island and other languages.
On our blog we had to write a letter to our principle convincing her to make a change.
Here is my letter to Ms Kelly.
Hope you enjoy Reading!
Dear Ms Kelly,
Image result for letterI kindly ask for you to change something from our school which is the way we speak.We speak Te Reo Moari and English but why can't we learn other languages just like Tongan,Samoan,Cook Island and other languages but sometimes we learn about them.I think it is very great to learn different languages from where we come from because how our school has many Pasfika people in it and I think it will be a honor to learn new language from different cultures.
I think this will be a great journey to be learning some new languages and also will be happy if you make this change happening.
-From: Aletheia!
I hope you have ready my letter to Ms Kelly.
I really enjoy doing this because how I got to write a letter to someone in our school like a actually letter and I think I am so proud of myself for what I have written down for her.
IALT:write a letter to my principle about what I think need to change in our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment