Pages

Friday 15 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day1 #2

Summer Learning Journey!
Day 1:Activity 2:Settlers Sail!
Welcome back to my blog.
Today our job is to imagine ourselves that we are going to be on wakas sailing and on our blog we have to write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand.Today my letter is to my friend Akanesi who is also my favourite cousin.
What we have to make sure to put in our letter to our friend is telling how we felt about moving to a new country like saying if it was me,I would felt nervous...
I really enjoy doing this because how I got to use my imagination in doing this letter for Akanesi.
Here is a letter to my friend and favourite cousin Akanesi.
Feel free to take a look but don't forget to COMMENT below!.
Dear Akanesi,


Dear my friend Akanesi did you know that today’s the day that I sail over the another country friend.Image result for waka in the sea
I feel excited to be trying something new as in sailing for the first time in a traditional maori waka.
I am now sailed from New Zealand to Australia and is happening that I am on this waka because how I got to have a experience to be on a maori traditional canoe called a waka.
Image result for waka in the sea
We have sailed on the sea and have seen lots of whales and also came across a big storm then got threw it to get to where I am at now.
I really hope you enjoyed reading this letter and knowing that I am safe and hope to see you next time when I come back.


By:Aletheia Fifita
-Enjoy Reading!
IALT:write down a letter to my friend Akanesi about being on a waka.

4 comments:

Megan Lafferty said...

Hey Aletheia,

I am so excited that you have the opportunity to travel on a waka to a new country. It must have been scary for you travelling through a big storm in such a little waka. Were you worried that you might fall over board? I would love to be with you right now and share all these amazing experiences with you such as seeing whales. What have you been able to eat on your adventures?

Take care and be safe....
......

Kia ora Aletheia,

I am Megan, the Summer Learning Journey Cluster Manager for Ako Hiko. What an amazing and descriptive letter Aletheia. Thank you for sharing your creativity with me. I really like how you thought about the chance of experiencing a storm while on this incredible journey. How long do you think the trip would take from Australia to New Zealand on a waka?

Have a lovely day,
Megan

Anonymous said...

Greetings to you Megan,

I am Aletheia and I was really excited when I got the chance to write a little and to also use my imagination plus it was very scary to get throw a storm but I then went away.Yes I was worried because how my not that very good at swimming.I was able to eat some fruits and vegetable.I think the trip to Australia to New Zealand on a waka will be about 4 days.Hope you can see more of my blog post from the summer learning journey.

Thank you Megan,
Aletheia

Megan Lafferty said...

Kia ora Aletheia,

Happy New Year! I cannot believe we are in a new year already.

I think you are right, it would be scary being thrown overboard while in a storm. I wonder whether you would feel the same way in the future when you are a more confident swimmer. Oh, that is interesting that you think it would take 4 days to canoe from Australia to New Zealand. I will try and find out and let you know.

I look forward to reading more of your post Aletheia,
Megan :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Megan,

Yes I also can't believe that it is now 2018.
I think that I can go threw a big storm because how I am a great swimmer who has had swimming lessons at school.I have just taken a guess and putten down 4 days.

Thanks,
Aletheia!
Happy NEW YEAR!

Post a Comment