Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 3 Bonus Activity!

Summer Learning Journey!
Day 3 Bonus Activity - ​Modern​ ​Learning​ ​Environments
Image result for classroomGreetings and welcome back to my blog.
Over the past couple of years a number of schools have deiced to change the way they teached. Instead of having just on teacher working in one classroom with a group of students some of the schools have deiced to build huge classrooms so the teachers work together to teach a big group of students in there class.It had called the Modern Learning Environment.
So we had to take a look at these two pictures.One on the left had a photography of a traditional classroom and the classroom picture on the right was the Modern Learning Environment.
So I had to imagine that I was a teacher, and I had to also design my own classroom. 
Image result for Mordern learning enviromentWhat would it look
like? 
It will have 4 tables with 6 chairs around it
It will have a kitchen
It will have a section with bean bags so students can hop of it and read.
There will be a section  with books for students to get books to read.
There will be a big chalk board for people to draw on with chalk.
There will be one spot where people can go on computers.
What furniture would you have? 
Yes,2 couches towards the wall on the left.
I would love to have some beanbags for
reading on.
Draw a floor plan of your classroom and upload it to your blog. Describe what is
special about your classroom and why you designed it this way.
Image result for Mordern learning enviromentHere is what I have designed.
Hope you enjoy and don't forget to COMMENT below!.
IALT:draw a picture of what I am going to have in my classroom if I was a teacher.

2 comments:

Allie Costello said...

Hi Aletheia

My name is Allie and I am the cluster manager for the SLJ in the Toki Pounamu region, which is on the West Coast of the South Island.

You have done a great job with designing your classroom. I love that you have made room for a book section. I am a librarian so I think that books are really important in a classroom.
What colours would you use in your room? Would it be bright and colourful or would you use very calm colours.
I have just got a new library at my school and I chose lime green and orange as my two colours. It is a very bright and happy space.
Its always good to have comfortable couches to sit on. These are a great space to read or do some work.
What does your classroom look like in your school?
I like lots of cushions too. You can use them on the couch or even if you sit on the floor!
Well done Aletheia, you have been very busy! Don't forget to go and find some other students who are participating in the programme and make some comments of their blogs. Its worth two points for each comment you make. Maybe you could find someone on the West Coast?

Good job!!

See ya
Allie :)

Anonymous said...

WOW Allie,

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog.I really enjoyed your comment that you have written down for me because how I was also excited to see what types of questions you have given me.The colours that I will use in my classroom will be blue or white.My classroom looks like a midem room but it has 6 tables,a couch,a white board to write on,a tv and we have other things.
Thank you for your lovey comment hope you enjoyed my other blog post about the summer learning journey.

Cheers,
Aletheia.

Post a Comment