Pages

Sunday 17 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Bonus Point

Summer Learning Journey!
Day 2 Bonus Point!
So in this activity it will be a bonus points worth about 10 points and in 1928 there had been a crew with four men that flew for the frist time.Across the Tasman from Australia to New Zealand.One of the men that been on board the Southern Cross Airplane was
a New Zealand Named called T.H Williams.It had been in charge of to operate the radio in the radio but unfortunately the radio had stopped working then after that it started to rain with some ice which got Heavy and the pilot Kingsford Smith could not see anything infornt of the windscreen but likely the plane made it tall the way across to Tasman which made them land in Christchurch after a 14 hour trip.
so what we have to do is imagine that we are  member of the fight crew.We have to write down a poem that describes how we felt when we landed safely in Christchurch after a long trip.
So our poem does not have to rhythm.
So here is my poem that I wrote.
Flying high threw the rain and icy weather
without anything to see.
Feeling scared and nervous to see what comes next.
Then being thankful to land safety in Christchurch.
Feeling happy and excited to be on land
and
being proud that we could land safety and make it from Australia to New Zealand.
There you have it.
That will be my poem that I wrote I really hope you guys enjoyed it because how I am not really a person who writes poems a lot but I tried my best.
If I need to work on something or did something good plus answer by commenting below for me to check out you answers.
IALT:write down a poem of how I will feel if I was on board in the Southern Cross plan.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Aletheia,
I liked how you use lots of different descriptive words to express your feelings in this poem, such as scared, nervous, thankful, happy and excited, well done!
Moving forwards, in order for you to gain full points for this activity I would like that you write a little bit more, perhaps another versus? You could describe and explore more the journey and its challenges or perhaps write about the things you would like to do in land. Also, I notice that you repeated the same idea twice "land safely in Christchurch" and "being proud that we could land safely". Could you think of another words to use in other to convey this specific idea? I can think of 'intact" or 'in one piece'. If you can do that and let me know, that would be fabulous!
Keep up the great work!
Kia Kaha,
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Patricia,
Thank you very much and I am sorry if my poem was really short but I can add more details!

THANKS!

Post a Comment