Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 4 Bonus Activity!

Image result for stan walkerSummer Learning Journey!
Day 4 Singing a different tune.
Greetings and welcome back to my blog.
A number of New Zealanders who sing and write songs have been recently burst onto the music scene. They have been becoming popular in NZ and overseas and one of these artists is a young girl named Lorde who is gaining a lot of recognition for her good and amazing style and also song writing ability.People really enjoy and like her lyrics that she writes in her songs.What we had to do was think of our favorite song and then tell you guys the name of the song and also write down the person's name who wrote the song and lyrics from the song and then on our blog we had to get the lyrics from there song .
So my favorite singer from New Zealand will be Stan Walker and one of his songs that I enjoy listening to is Takeover.
Here is some of the lyrics from his song:
Takeover:
Young boy I ain't no more
I got them scars
Like a soldier
I was alone
All I had was just me and myself
And I did it
And nobody's been this
Now you want in
It's too late, it's over
I told ya
 
Bridge:
We gonna get it
New takeover
We gonna get it
New takeover
And I wanna hear you all be saying
 
Chorus:
Oh I, oh-oh, oh I, oh-oh...
New takeover
Oh I, oh-oh, oh I, oh-oh...
New takeover
And I wanna hear you all be saying
New takeover
 
Young boy, I'm a man
Oh, I got a plan
Well you don't understand
I was alone
All I had was just me and myself
And I did it
And nobody's been this
Now you want in
It's too late, it's over
I told ya
 

 
Chorus
 
How I got the whole world wide open
Walking through every door that was closing
Now I'm following a heart that's been broken
 

 
Chorus
IALT:write down a lyric from my favorite singer from New Zealand.

4 comments:

Cia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cia said...

Annyeonghaseyo Aletheia,
my name is Cia. I am a Ako Hiko Summer Learning Journey commentator who will be working with various bloggers over the summer break.

Thank you for taking the time to type out the lyrics to your favourite song, just remember to include who wrote the song in your post! Do you know who wrote this song? Perhaps next time you could include a video or audio link to the song so readers can access it quickly. What is your favourite thing of the song? My favourite thing about the song is definitely Stan’s voice, he’s a vocal powerhouse!

One of my favourite songs to listen to these days is ‘This is Me’ from ‘The Greatest Showman’ movie. Have you heard it before? Perhaps you could check it out if you have time, the lyrics are very uplifting! Here is a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEJd2RyGm8Q

I’d love to hear your thoughts on the song!

Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

Cia.

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Cia,

It me Aletheia and thank you very much for blog commenting on my blog.So the person who wrote this song was Stan Walker who is a great singer from New Zealand and I am very sorry if I did not have a link to the song for people to check out.I have heard your favourite song from the movie The Greatest Showman and it sounds AMAZING and that girl singing has very good vocals.

Thanks Cia.

Cia said...

Hi Aletheia,

You are welcome, it has been a pleasure! Also I think you might need to double check who the writers are. Here is a link that will help you: https://genius.com/Stan-walker-new-takeover-lyrics

No need to be sorry, a video or audio link was just a little suggestion :)

I agree that 'This is Me' is amazing, Keala Settle has such a powerful voice, and like Stan Walker she is of Māori descent. Did you know that 'This is Me' recently won a Golden Globe award for best original song in a motion picture? Amazing isn’t it?

Thank you for replying, I can't wait to read more of your work, so far it has been a joy!

Toi feiloa'i fo'i,

Cia.

P.s. Please excuse my mistake, I meant to say 'what is your favourite thing about the song?' in my initial comment. :)

Post a Comment