Pages

Saturday 16 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Bonus Activity!

Summer Learning Journey!
Image result for Commonwealth GamesDay 5 Bonus Activity!
Greetings and welcome back to my blog.
Image result for Bill Kini.So in this activity back in the day after the treaty of waitangi was signed,New Zealand had became a British Colony So other countries in the world were also British colonies including Canada,South Africa,Australia,India and Malaysia.As a team there were and still are which is call commonwealth countries.In the past a man that goes by the name of Melville Marks (Bobby) Robinson had been asked to organize a sporting competition for the people living in the commonwealth countries.It had been called the Commonwealth Games and it frist ever event had took place in Hamilton,Canada in 1930.
So in this activity what we have to do is imagine yourself interviewing Bill and ask him question about the Commonwealth Games or something that we want to know.
One of New Zealand's gold medal winning men from commonwealth athletes was a man by the name Bill Kini.In the year 1966 Bill had won a gold medal for being the best heavyweight boxer.
So here are my four questions for Bill.
-Feel free to take a look but don't forget to COMMENT below!
My Questions!
  1. How does it feel when you had won?
  2. What was your favorite match that you had did in the Commonwealth Games?
  3. Was it a cool experience or not?
  4. If somebody asked you for some tips what will they be?

Thank that is my four questions that I would ask Bill.

I really enjoy doing this activity because how I got to learn what they did back in the days and also learn how the commonwealth games was created.
-Enjoy Reading!
So what four questions could you ask Bill?
Do you play some Commonwealth Games?
Please answer by commenting below!
IALT: write down 4 questions to ask Bill.

4 comments:

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Aletheia,

Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

Another great activity. Well done! It's great that you have thought to give us the background to this activity. That will really help your readers know who you're talking about.
I think you might have gotten a little bit confused about who Bill Kini is though! He didn't organise the event, he was one of the athletes who competed. It was Mark Robinson who organised the event. Perhaps you could think of four more questions to ask Bill that are related to his being a heavy-weight boxer?

I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Ruby,

It is Aletheia and I am very sorry I must of got mixed up with who is who but I have fixed up what my mistakes were but hope you still enjoy.
Happy New Year!
Thanks,
Aletheia!

Ruby SLJ said...

Hey Aletheia,

Don't worry! An easy mistake to make :)
You've got some awesome questions for Bill Kini now! Great work. I like how you've asked him if he has any tips for people who might be interested in doing the same thing. That was a great idea!

I hope you're enjoying your holidays :)
Cheers,
Ruby.

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Rugby,
Thanks So much and I really hope you enjoyed my new blog post that I have fixed up and Happy New Years.
Thanks,
Aletheia!

Post a Comment