Pages

Saturday 16 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 2 Activity 2-The Right to vote

Summer Learning Journey!
Image result for The right to voteDay 2 Activity 2-The right to vote.
Welcome back.
Image result for women have the right to voteSo in this activity it had talked about voting back in the 1800's.Back in the 1800's century women weren't allowed to vote only men were so what happened was this lady named Kate Sheppard had lead a suffragist movement in New Zealand telling the government and people to change the law and her work did finally paid off when the electoral act had been passed into law on 19 September 1893 which was giving women the right to vote.
So in this activity we have to tell you guys what we think about the fact that women were not allowed to
vote in Saudi Arabia until 2015. Is it fair? Why or why not?
Well here is my answer enjoy reading.
I really think that it can be fair for women to be allowed to vote because how they are part of that country plus each and every gender should have the right to do the same things like voting.
There you have my honest opinion to what I think.
Kate Sheppard.jpg
This is Kate Sheppard
I really enjoy doing this because how when I read this activity and read that women weren't allowed to vote I was angry because how each and everyone should have a chance in thinking what they think is best for their country and world.
So what do you think?
Do you agree with me?
Please answer by commenting below!
FUN FACT:Did you know that Kate Sheppard is on our New Zealand $10
IALT:write down my opinion to what I think about women voting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree with you . I think that everyone should be able to vote . Both men and women .

Anonymous said...

THANK U VERY MUCH LJ AND GREAT BLOGGING

Anonymous said...

You Too Aletheia . YOU TOO. AMAZING BLOGGING BY THE WAY.

Anonymous said...

Thank You very much

Patricia said...

Hi Aletheia,
I am so excited about this post because it made me smile! It's nice to see how you expressed your opinion here and how you stand strong for what you believe.
Just yesterday I saw in the news that in Iceland they just approved the law for equality pay between man and woman. Which means that men are not allowed by law to get pay more than woman. I find unbelievable that we are in 2018 and still just now starting to get equal pay, so as you can see we still have a long way to go towards equality between genders.
Furthermore, I want to complement you for a very balanced and wise choice on the pictures you decided to use to enhance this post.
Fantastic job here!
Kia Kaha,
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Patricia,

Thank you for your lovley comment and for that information.

Post a Comment