Pages

Friday 15 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 3 Activity 1!

Image result for songsSummer Learning Journey Day 3 Activity 1:The 
Waiata-A song in your heart
Greetings 
&
welcome back to my blog.
In this activity it would be day 3 activity 1 and in this activity it will be talking about a waiata and about a song in your heart like in the past the Maoris were often to be use as a song that could share information on communicate emotions.Did you know that Waiata the name was given to a traditional moari which is Kia Paimarie. 
Image result for waiataSo my favourite traditional song is 

Teu Hiki A Hoku Le'o.The only reason why is because how last year my clost aunt had died and what we did was sing this beautiful song for her.Image result for waiata

Read this information and then write down 3 interesting facts that we learnt about waiata.
Here is 3 interesting facts that I have learnt
  1. There is the heading of laments (waiata tangi) and love songs (waiata aroha).
  2. they intimately connect with singing their ancient love songs and laments
  3. the melodies move within a small range varying from a second to a fourth
    My lovely
    Auntie Fonoga.
My favourite Waiata song is 
He Hōnore because how it reminds
me of how the year 7 and 8's use 

to sing this song at assembly to farewell teachers from our school in 2017 which

 had been the best year of school for me.

I really enjoy doing this activity because how I got 3 interesting facts about waiata.
-Enjoy Reading and don't forget to COMMENT below!
IALT:write down 3 interesting things from waiata.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Aletheia,
This is Patricia here from Summer Learning Journey.
I also do really like waiata songs as they can be very personal and, sometimes emotional. It is lovely that you have chosen one that reminds you of your favourite aunt.
You added 2 images of Waiata, perhaps for the future consider to add only one and instead you could add the link for the song or lyrics of your favourite waiata. Furthermore a photo of you and your auntie could also made this post more engaging.
Good job!
Kia Kaha,
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Patricia,
THank you for that lovey comment that you have written to me and I will find my favourite waiata song and put down the link to it.
I do have a photo of just my auntie but not me in it but I will put down a photo of here.

Thanks,
Aletheia!

Post a Comment