Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Simile-Writing!

Simile-Writing!
Image result for similesWelcome back.
After learning about Metaphor is was time to learn about similes.
Similes is one of the things in a figurative language.
Simile was one of the things in writing that I like to do because how for similes you use the words like and as in a sentence like The sky was as blue like the water.
Down below will have examples of similes and also my definition and the classes definition.
Examples
  • As American as apple pie
  • As big as an elephant
  • As black as coal
  • As blind as a bat
  • As bold as brass
  • As boring as watching paint dry
  • As brave as a lion
  • As bright as a button.
Based on these examples,how would you define what a simile is?
My Definition-Simile is when you use as and like to describe or compare something or someone.
Image result for similes
Some examples to a simile.
Class definition-When you use the words as and like to describe or compare two different things.
There you have it.
I really enjoy doing similes because how I got to have fun and come up with some different types of similes.
I did not find anything chanllenging like it was easy for me to do this plus I really enjoyed learning if I was correct or not.
-Enjoy Reading!
IALT:
Define the meaning of Simile.

No comments:

Post a Comment