Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Writing-What is a Hyperbole?

Writing-What is a Hyperbole?
For the middle block bloth classes are doing writing and for writing we are learning about figurative language and today we learnt about Hyperbole which is part of figurative language.
Us working in class.
For writing we learnt about hyperbole and what it means to us then when we finish we come up with what he really means and see if it is the same to our ones.
Down below will have some types of hyperbole and the definitions that I think and also the definitions that actually means about hyperbole.
What is a Hyperbole:
    Image result for hyberbole
  1. I am so hungry I could eat a horse.
  2. I had a ton of chores to do.
  3. If I can't get a smartphone,I will die.
  4. This car goes faster than the speed of light.
  5. Our new house cost a bazillion dollars.
  6. He's got tons of video games.
  7. My mom is going to kill me.
  8. He knows everything about math.
  9. I have told you a million times no to do that.
  10. That was the easiest test in the world.
  11. It will only take me two seconds to get there.
Based on these examples,How would I define what a Hyperbole is?
My definitions-Hyperbole is when you are explaning how it will effect if you do this or that.
Classes definition-When you are over exaggerating-Stuff/things in your story or sentence.
Image result for figurative languageThere you have it.
I really enjoy doing this because how I got to learn what the real meaning of hyperbole and what types of hyperbole is.
What I found chanllenging to do is trying to find out if I was wrong or right because how all I could think about with the effect that happened on some of the examples that were given.
-Enjoy Reading!
Image result for hyberbole gifWALA:
Figurative Language.

No comments:

Post a Comment