Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Onomatopoeia-Writing!

Onomatopoeia-Writing!
Image result for onomatopeiaSo today we learnt more about figurative language and today we learnt about onomatopoeia which was part of figurative language.I enjoy onomatopoeia because how I get to learn the meaning of onomatopoeia.Onomatopoeia is something that I am not kind of good at because how in writing I don't put a lot of onomatopoeia but hopefully throughout the year I could.There were two onomatopoeia definitions and half of the class and to pick  it and write it down on our paper and down below will have the definition that I chose
Down below will have some examples to onomatopoeia and also will have my definition and half of the classes definition.
Onomatopoeia:
    Image result for onomatopeia
  1. Arf
  2. Baa
  3. Bark
  4. Bow-Wow
  5. Buzz
  6. Cackle
  7. Caw
  8. Chatter
  9. Cheep
  10. Chirp
  11. Cluck
  12. Cock-a-doodle-doo
Based on the examples,how would you define what a onomatopoeia is?
My Definition-Onomatopoeia is words that make sound effects.
Half of the classes Definition-Using sound effects in your story to create meaning or to describe something that happened.
Image result for onomatopeia gifThere you have it.
I really enjoy learning about onomatopoeia more than I did before.
I think I found it chanllenging on being sure if my answer was right or wrong but I did not care after when I had checked to see if the answer was familiar to what the class had got.
Enjoy!
IALT:
Define the word onomatopoeia.

No comments:

Post a Comment